The Nyack School District Will Temporarily Provide Free Meals to All Students
Pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, the Food and Nutrition Service is allowing school districts to offer free meals to all district-enrolled students under the age of 19. This means that enrolled students may receive a free meal regardless of their eligibility under the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). This program will help facilitate the safe and efficient distribution of meals. This free program will potentially run through the end of the 21/22 school year.
The District encourages parents/guardians of children who are eligible for free and reduced meals to submit their Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications. With a Free and Reduced Price Meal status, a student may receive college application fee waivers, AP exam discounted fees and a limited number of free SAT exams. Information on the applications will be kept confidential.
As a reminder, second meals and ala carte items (i.e. snacks, water, extra milk) are not included in the free meal program. Parents/guardians have the option of adding funds to their students’ meal account through MyPaymentsPlus or by providing a check made out to Nyack Public Schools Food Service for these purchases.
2021/22 School Food Service
Nyack Public Schools Food Program
Manage your child's meals online with MyPaymentsPlus
MyPaymentsPlus online payment plan for school lunches:
- Log into www.mypaymentsplus.com
- Deposit funds directly into an account using your student's ID number* (obtained from your child's school or report card.)
- Monitor balances or your student's purchases
- MyPaymentPlus charges a fee of 4.75% of the transaction amount each time a deposit is made.
- Important Information about logging on with your child's student ID number: All student passwords require 7-digits. If your child's student ID number is less than 7 digits, you must enter zeros in front of the ID number when logging in. For example, if your child's ID number is 1234, your password will be 0001234.
- MyPaymentsPlus account balances existing at the end of the school year may be rolled forward to the following school year.
- Food service account balances cannot be transferred to or co-mingled with extra-curricular accounts in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Office of the NYS Comptroller.
- Requests for food service account balance refunds should be emailed to the District Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request should include the name of the person to whom the check will be written and the address where the check will be mailed. The request should also include the name and grade level of the student.
The Board of Education recognizes that on occasion, students may forget to bring meal money to school. To ensure that students do not go hungry while also promoting fiscal responsibility, the Board will allow students who may forget meal money to “charge” the cost of meals to be paid back at a later date. Please refer to the terms in Charging School Meals Policy 8595 which can be found in the ePolicy Manual located in the District home page "Board of Ed" > "Policies".
Free/ Reduced Applications
School Menu Prices
Through June 2022, all student meals for breakfast and lunch will be free of charge under a waiver from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Services. This does not include snacks and á la carte items.