Welcome to the Human Resources Department
Interim Chief Executive Director for Human Resources
Kimberly Smith, Personnel Clerk: 845-353-7028
The Human Resources Department for Nyack Public Schools is dedicated to the following strategic goals:
- Recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most highly qualified faculty and staff in support of the District's mission to provide excellence in education with equity, innovation and optimism
- Building our collective educational leadership capacity that emphasizes our Core C's of the Nyack Graduate Profile:
- Critical Thinking, Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, Compassion, Content Mastery, Cultural Awareness
- Promoting positive labor relations through collaborative problem-solving and open communication
- Providing a safe and professional work environment grounded in mutual respect and anti-racist principles
- BIPOC candidates and other candidates who have been historically underrepresented are highly encouraged to join us.
Please peruse our website to learn more About Us.
The Nyack Union Free School District offers employment and educational opportunities, including vocational education opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or handicap. Nyack Schools is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
2023-24 School Year
All job vacancies are posted on the On-line Application System for Educators (OLAS) website in the Nyack Public School District will be posted in the Lower-Hudson Valley region. All applicants must apply on-line. Please check this site for current vacancies in our district. We are located in the Lower Hudson Valley of New York.
We are continually looking to hire per-diem substitute teachers and teaching assistants as well as substitute School Nurses (RN's). Please complete the appropriate application below as well as supporting payroll documents (direct deposit form, W-4, 403(b) form and either TRS or ERS (clerical) retirement system application) and mail to Nyack Human Resources/ 13A Dickinson Avenue, Nyack NY 10960
- Substitute Teachers
- Teaching Assistants
- Substitute Teaching Assistants
If you need assistance in the application process or would like to inquire about open positions, contact our Human Resources Office at 845-353-7028. Thank you for your interest in Nyack Schools.
NEW EMPLOYEE FORMS
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER POSITIONS
Nyack Public Schools is seeking substitute teachers. Candidates with NYS teacher certification are preferred. Non-certified candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree (limits to working more than 40 days per school year). Daily rate is $115. If you are passionate about education and prefer teaching on a per-diem basis, you can make a difference. Apply Today. Download link and/or apply on OLAS (olasjobs.org)
SUBSTITUTE NURSE POSITIONS
Nyack Public Schools needs quality and caring individuals to fill substitute nurse positions at our five schools. Substitute School Nurse positions are filled on a per-diem basis when one of our nurses is out sick or on a field trip. Daily Rate is $115. All applicants must currently be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHING ASSISTANT POSITIONS
Nyack Public Schools is looking for Substitute Teaching Assistants to support student instruction on a per-diem basis. If you are interested in working in education, supporting students and making a difference, we encourage you to apply. Hourly rate $15.38 (6-hour work day) Download link and/or apply on OLAS (olasjobs.org)