2019-20 SCHOOL BUDGET VOTE & BOARD TRUSTEE ELECTIONS -- TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2019
POLLS OPEN: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
1. Depew Manor
2. Hilltop Building (Nyack Schools Administration Building)
3. Valley Cottage Elementary School
4. Upper Nyack Elementary School
FIND YOUR POLLING LOCATION (Upper Nyack, Upper Grandview and Grandview are all listed under NYACK)
VOTER REGISTRATION: To qualify as a voter, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years old
- A resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the day of the vote
In order to vote in the school budget vote and board elections, voters must be registered with the Rockland County Board of Elections or Nyack School District. You are registered if you have voted in a general or school election at your present address in the past 4 years. Am I registered?
- You may register with the Board of Elections, 11 New Hempstead Rd, New City, NY 10956, (845- 638-5172).
- You may register at the Nyack Schools District Office, 13A Dickinson Avenue, Nyack through Thursday, May 16, 2019. In-person registration is required along with photo identification and proof of residence.
A registered voter who will be unable to vote in person on the day of the election must first complete an APPLICATION FOR ABSENTEE BALLOT
which can be downloaded here or obtained from the District Clerk by mail or in person at the Nyack Schools Administration Building, 13A Dickinson Avenue, Nyack. Upon receipt and review of the application, a ballot will be issued. Ballots must be returned to the District Clerk no later than 5:00 PM on the day of the vote.
There are two open seats for the Board of Education, the seats currently held by Michael Mark and Terence Rock. The term commences on July 1, 2019 and runs through June 30, 2022. Elections will be held on Tuesday, May 21, together with the Annual School Budget Vote.
Any person 18 years or older; a resident of the District for at least a year; a U.S. citizen; and a registered voter may run for a position on the School Board.
Anyone interested in running for the Board of Education should contact the District Clerk at 353-7015 to obtain a packet containing the guidelines for running and the nominating petition. Signatures of at least 25 qualified voters are required on the nominating petition. The deadline for filing the petition is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 22, 2019.
For further information on the School Budget Vote or Board Trustee Election, please contact the District Clerk between 8:00 AM-4:00 PM any week day:
Linda DeCicco, District Clerk
Phone: (845) 353-7015