BACK-TO-SCHOOL HUB for 2023-24
IMPORTANT RESOURCES & REMINDERS FOR OUR STUDENTS/FAMILIES
DISTRICT & SCHOOL COMMUNICATIONS
Be connected with back-to-school information, including letters from principals and memos from schools, posted on school pages and accessed directly using these links:
• NYACK HIGH SCHOOL - http://hs.nyackschools.org
• NYACK MIDDLE SCHOOL - http://ms.nyackschools.org
• LIBERTY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - https://lb.nyackschools.org/
• UPPER NYACK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - http://un.nyackschools.org
• VALLEY COTTAGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - http://vc.nyackschools.org
Stay up-to-date with District-wide announcements, events and resources:
• PARENT PORTAL QUICK LINK TO PARENT PORTAL
Parent Portal is open to all K-12 families and contains your child's school schedule for 2023-24 and school bus transporation information. Parent Portal is directly linked to the student data management system, Infinite Campus, for access throughout the year to important information regarding your child's grades, school records and progress. It is accessible from our website. Look for the parent-child icon on each school site. For assistance, call 845-353-7023 or email email@example.com.
FOOD SERVICE & SCHOOL MEALS: QUICK LINK TO FOOD SERVICE
Breakfast and lunch, based on Federal nutritional guidelines, are served in each school. Free and reduced meals are available based on income levels. The District also participates in MYPAYMENTSPLUS as a convenient online payment plan for school meals which allows you to deposit funds directly into an account and manage your child’s meal account online. For more information call 845-353-7035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOG ONTO MYPAYMENTSPLUS: www.mypaymentsplus.com
FREE & REDUCED MEALS FORMS:
• Free and Reduced Meal Application
• Solicitud de Familia para las Comidas Escolares y Leche Gratis o Precios Reducidos 2023-24
• Aplikasyon Pou Mangi Ak Let Gratis Ou Pri Redwl Nan Lekol Yo 2023-24
IMMUNIZATIONS & SCHOOL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
New York State law requires a health examination for all students entering the school district for the first time AND when entering pre-kindergarten or kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th grades. Physicals completed within 365 days prior to the first day of school are acceptable.
SCHOOL NURSE CONTACTS:
• Kathleen Fredericks - Liberty Elementary School - 845-353-7250
• Laura Weigel - Upper Nyack Elementary School - 845-353-7270
• Patricia Kozar - Valley Cottage Elementary School - 845-353-7290
• Susan Cech - Nyack Middle SchooL - 845-353-7210
• Christine Ucker - Nyack High SchooL - 845-353-7140
MEDIA RELEASE FORM
Throughout the year, photos and videos are captured in our classrooms and schools for visual storytelling on social media, e-newsletters and other promotional purposes. If you wish to opt your student out of photos/videos, please complete the Media Release Form located in the print calendar and posted here:
- Media Release Form 2023-24 (in English, Spanish & Haitian Creole)
REGISTRATION: QUICK LINK TO REGISTRATION
Registration for new students must be done online using the link on our website. An in-person visit by appointment with the District Registrar is needed to provide required documents (e.g., immunization records, proof of residency, etc.). Children who will turn age 5 on or before December 1 are eligible to start Kindergarten in September of that year. For more information call 845-353-7038 or email the District Registrar at email@example.com.
RESOURCES/SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES
The Family Resource Center’s (FRC) mission is to ensure the optimal development of all children in the district by supporting families and by advocating and fostering innovative programs and integrated services involving family, school, and community.
FAMILY RESOURCE CENTERS:
• Liberty Elementary School: Jennie Elias, firstname.lastname@example.org - 845-353-7247
• Upper Nyack Elementary School: Yessenia Santana, email@example.com - 845-353-7268
• Valley Cottage Elementary School: (pending) - 845-353-7291
• Nyack Middle School: Wanda Octaviano, firstname.lastname@example.org - 845-353-7214
• District-Wide: Joanne Wallace, email@example.com
• Si ou bezwen enfòmasyon tradui an kreyòl rele nan Jocelyne Abraham - 845-353-7044 (Haitian Creole speakers) , firstname.lastname@example.org
• Si le hace falta información traducida en español, llame a Yesenia Polanco - 845-353-7042 (Spanish speakers), email@example.com
DISTRICT STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES AND PREVENTION COORDINATOR:
• Dornzella Milligan, firstname.lastname@example.org - 845-353-7134
SCHOOL COUNSELING/GUIDANCE PLAN (K-12)
- K- 12 Guidance Plan 2023-24
- Programa integral de orientación y asesoramiento escolar K-12
- Konsèy Konplè ak Pwogram Oryantasyon Lekòl Depi Nan K-12
SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS
School supply lists can be found on our elementary and middle school websites. Lists are organized by grade. HIgh school students will receive their supply lists from teachers on the first day of school:
TECH/STUDENT DEVICE AGREEMENT: QUICK LINK TO TECHNOLOGY
Family Technology Support - Technology Help Desk 845-353-7075
Students in grades K-8 will receive a Dell Chromebook. High school students will receive a Dell laptop. Devices and the Student Device Agreement will be distributed to all students in grades 1-12 during the first week of school; Kindergarteners on September 26th. Please be sure to review rules and responsibilities and have your child bring the signed consent form back to school. FYI - Personal devices in class for the 2023-2024 school year will no longer be allowed without direct permission from school administration.
TRANSPORTATION: QUICK LINK TO TRANSPORTATION
Bus Schedules are available on the Parent Portal and mailed to district families upon request. Bus cards are also mailed home for non-public and specialized transportation. Be sure to talk to your child about bus safety, both on the bus and at the bus stop. For some helpful tips, visit www.napt.org.For more information call Mirna Franco in theTransportation Office at 845-353-7041 or email: email@example.com.
Nyack Public Schools
We are "Building on Strength" in 2023-24. Take a look at Superintendent Yom's Entry Plan Findings to find out more about this year's theme.
Entry Plan Findings - August 2023 Presentation to the BOE
Visit the Office of the Superintendent page for additional information.Nyack Public Schools
Anonymous Alerts is a communications tool posted on our website to anonymously report suspicious or threatening behavior. Find out more:
The Nyack Public Schools will be reinstating Anonymous Alerts, a communications tool that makes it easier to anonymously report suspicious, threatening or other concerning behaviors. A tab entitled Anonymous Alerts has been added in the navigation bar at the top of our website to easily access this tool.
Anonymous Alerts allows students or parents to quickly, easily, and anonymously report urgent information to school officials across all of our school campuses. The system encourages students, parents and staff to confidentially report bullying, cyber-bullying, and other sensitive topics through private messages to our administration.
How do I place an incident report from Internet connected computers/tablets?
- Go to https://report.anonymousalerts.com/nyackufsd from any Internet connected device.
- Click on the web button called “Anonymous Alerts”. Fill out your incident report.
How do I place a report from an iPhone or Android phone?
- From the iPhone Store, download the free app by searching for “Anonymous Alerts”. If you have an Android phone, go to the Play Store, search for “Anonymous Alerts” and download.
- After downloading the app, click on it, enter activation code nyackufsd
Please read the attached letters, which were emailed to parent/guardians on 12-14-21, for additional important information.Nyack Public Schools