The Board of Education is continuing the process of hiring a new Superintendent as Dr. James Montesano retires from a significant and meaningful tenure in the Nyack School Community.
To the Nyack-Valley Cottage Community:
One of the most helpful tools in our search for the best candidate is input from the community. What qualities do you find important in a superintendent? What challenges do you believe face our district?
To learn the answers to some of these questions, the District's Board of Education conducted a survey in English, Spanish and Haitian Creole. As a result, the input is being used to build the profile of the ideal superintendent for Nyack Public Schools and to ensure the effective search and hiring of a new superintendent. The Superintendent Search Specifications Report was presented to the BOE on November 18th, 2020 and is posted to this site for the public.
As your elected trustees, we are committed to keeping the school community informed and involved on next steps. We encourage all parents, teachers, students, and community members to remain invested in this critical choice for the future of our beloved school community.
With many thanks in advance for your participation,
- Michael Mark, BOE President, on behalf of the Nyack Board of Education
- BOE UPDATE 12-4-20
- Specifications 11-18-20
- Press Release 9-29-20
- lohud: Nyack School District Seeks New Superintendent 10-13-20
- The BOE engaged School Leadership, LLC in September 2020 to assist in hiring the best candidate for our school community.
- A series of October Community Zoom Meetings provided focus group opportunities to discuss qualities the community is looking for in our next Superintendent. The results and analysis are included in the 11-18-2020 report.
- Questions? Please call the District Clerk at 353-7015.
New York State certification as School District Leader or School District Administrator is required for appointment.
Applications must be submitted online to School Leadership, LLC by February 10, 2021 via www.leadschools.us (click on “Current Searches” and then click on the link to Applitrack.com). In addition to completing the basic application, candidates are asked to upload a cover letter describing how they meet the above criteria, together with their current resume.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE.