1) An instrument! Instrument rentals are available from:
- City Music Center online at: www.nemc.com 1-800-526-4593 (City Music delivers instruments to the school)
- Rockland Music, located in the Kohls Shopping Plaza on Route 59 East in Nanuet, NY: 845-624-5470
- Peter Bannon, located in Nyack, NY 845-358-8227
2) A lesson book: Our lesson book is Essential Elements For Band, Book 1. Lesson books exist for every band instrument, so be sure to get the book that matches your child’s instrument.
3) Clarinet and Saxophone players will need:
- Rico Reeds, Strength #2 for 4th Graders, Strength # 2 1/2 for 5th Graders. A box of 10 reeds should last students the whole school year.
- Cork grease
- Instrument swab
- Saxophone players should also look into a padded neckstrap to ease the weight of holding the instrument
4) Trumpet and Euphonium/Baritone players will need valve oil.
5) Trombone players will need slide oil.
6) Percussion players will need: drum sticks and a practice pad.
7) It is recommended that all music students have a music stand for home practice.